The REACON Team is the outreach arm of the Green Team San Joaquin. REACON is a collaboration between the Greater Stockton Chamber, private businesses, municipal and county solid waste divisions, economic development professionals, and the communities of San Joaquin County. Our purpose is to promote environmental stewardship solutions, to address environmental and economic development issues, and to create a nexus to enhance the delivery of Chamber services in Stockton and all of San Joaquin County.
REACON ASSESSMENT CHECKLIST (PDF)
(if you would like an Excel file of this checklist, please contact Frank Ferral.
WATER CONSERVATION INCENTIVES
There are several areas in which the REACON Team is focused. These are:
- REACON Assessment (Recycling, Energy Conservation, Air Pollution Mitigation, Water Conservation)
- Green Sustainable Business Certification
- Recycling Market Development Zone
- P³ Stewardship (Refer to basic information #4)
- Outreach: As an outreach group of the Green Team San Joaquin program, the REACON Team will proactively visit medium to large size businesses to share and promote cost-saving “green” practices at their place of business.
- Green Assessment and Certification: We will provide a REACON assessment, that when completed by the company and green practices implemented, then reviewed by the REACON team, will qualify the company to be “Green Certified”.
- Programs: REACON Team will provide information on the Recycling Market Development Zone, Commute Connection, energy conservation programs, waste audits, and ways to reduce air pollution. In addition, information on other Chamber programs will be offered.
- Recognition: “P³ Stewardship” stands for Policies, Practices and Purchasing Stewardship. A P³ Stewardship Award has been developed to recognize businesses that engage in green practices and will be acknowledged during the annual Small Business Awards each year.
WHY GREEN CERTIFICATION?
It Makes Good Business Sense!
A Green Business...
- Can lower the cost of doing business
- Improves employee morale and the health of the workplace
- Holds a marketing edge over the competition
- Is recognized as an environmental leader
Get recognized for being Green -
The Green Business Program recognizes businesses that:
- Successfully completes the REACON ASSESSMENT
- Comply with all environmental regulations
- Take steps to conserve natural resources and prevent pollution, such as using more efficient lighting, purchasing in bulk, watering landscapes efficiently, recycling cardboard, using less toxic products, etc.
Green Businesses receive recognition through:
- The Green Business Program website: www.greenteamsanjoaquin.com
- City and agency newsletters
- Press coverage, promotional events and special recognition
- Window Plaque
- Green Business logo to use in your advertising
Just follow these simple steps to become a Certified Green Business
- Contact the REACON team at the Greater Stockton Chamber. They will provide you with a packet of materials (available in electronic format only), including:
- A simple one-page application form
- Green Business Program checklist
- A link to the Chamber directory of Green Businesses in your county
- Schedule a visit. If you choose to become certified, we will work with you and help you go through the necessary steps to meet the Green Business Standards. It’s completely voluntary. And, there are no fees involved!
- Pledge to stay Green. Simply take the Green Business Pledge and post it in your place of business!
"We believe a successful business is dependent on a healthy environment. We are actively working to show our environmental responsibility to our community by committing to the following objectives:
- To comply with all applicable regulations and strive to exceed compliance
- To conserve energy, water, materials and other resources
- To develop and implement practices that prevent pollution and waste
- To be an environmentally responsible business within our community
For more information, please contact the Program Coordinator at (209) 547-2770 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org